Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Earnst and Young - nomination for Entrepreneur of the Year

Today I was invited to present our story to the VP and CEO of Earnst and Young. It was a very casual environment and I felt very relaxed as ongoing questions were fired over the course of 2 hours.
I had received a phone call a little while back from Darcy (the VP), he had expressed his interest in the event and our story and requested that I come in to share details. I was in shock for a bit, as I walked around West Edmonton Mall looking for a stimulant like chocolate or bubble tea.
I also felt funny about dropping his call 4 times, not sure if it was poor signal or my chin, but regardless he hung in there with me.
Lunch was brought in, perhaps attempting a wrap was not the best decision as mine dumped half of its contents on the glass desk. Considering white as my colour of choice for summer meetings does not often work out for me.
I often wonder if some of the things I have experienced (both good and bad) are dreams. Hard to wrap a head around the good stuff when one is accustomed to the adversities in life.
If the judges choose me, I will become Entrepreneur of the year in the community category. Last year "Little Warriers" won. I will meet the developer of this great program in a couple of weeks at a nominees reception. I wont eat any wraps or chocolate dipped strawberries, AND not wearing white.
Whether I place or not, this is still huge opportunity for the event. I want Hair Massacure to grow (and it's scary at the same time). I want driven, passionate folks (like Darcy in Red Deer) to come forward and take on the fulfilling challenge of running a satellite event in another location. It's crazy, BUT changes a community.
Calgary and BC - here's hoping your'e next!
Keep you all updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment