Friday, May 7, 2010

School concert with Doc Walker











I am ECSTATIC that our school concert at Neil M Ross was a huge success! Pfew!!! THANK YOU CISN Country, DOC WALKER for this amazing gift! And thanks to our wonderful volunteers, and mother nature for supporting this incredible day!! Snow started to fly at the tail end of their last song, BUT at least we got through the day without umbrellas or frostbite and no glitches (unlike the last 2 weeks....).

Over 700 kids and staff from Neil M Ross, G.H. Primeau and Leo Nickerson enjoyed a free lunch - thanks again to my friends Collin Parker and who invited Johnsonville, Sobeys, Old Dutch, and Select rentals to provide free product for us.
The performance was outstanding, the kids were WILD with excitement - an all around fantastic experience. They were sure a appreciative audience!!
The boys (Doc Walker) were very personable with the kids, giving all 700 high fives, a few pictures, autographs. With our family - they were wonderfully warm and genuine, so happy to be a part of our cause.
As you may already be aware, Neil M Ross is an elementary school in St.Albert. They raised 74,000 for the event this year! Crazy!! They were gracious enough to share their winnings with the 2 running up schools (that ties for 2nd place) so they followed the trend that Gibbons School started and invited Leo Nickerson and G.H Primeau (Morinville). Each of those schools raised over 35,000 and ignited over 100 of their children to participate. WOW!! Really was "the more the merrier today!"

Now .... let me tell you about Weazie.... I have mentioned her in previous blogs.
She is our "human mascot" (along with Mel, Christie and Ginger). Weazie comes out with her sister Nadine to help Collin cook and serve Johnsonville Brats. Every year Weazie pulls her traditional striptease act with the band and gives away a Hair Massacure shirt she's wearing. What I have to ensure is that she has a shirt under the one she is giving away, so I keep extra in my van and then run like H when she is ready to do so.

My good friend Christie P came out too (both of her) - I have a "flat Christie" version that I haul around in a banner (she's such a poser..), and the real version who is delightfully entertaining (much like her fellow mascots). Think she might have nabbed the St.ALbert Fire Dept for next year, not that this surprises me. This woman understands leadership and so I need to give her more work for next year (so look out Missy... - I know you're reading this).
I wont get into the lengthy list of glitches that accompanied this concert, I'll just say that perhaps I can finally put the Pepto Bismal away. Overall, today things fell into place with the exception of the unexpected rental of the stage and tent that will be costly to us.
A few rescues from some kind hearted folks and thank God for the sponsorships that came through and supported. Kelly from Axe Productions - thank you!
I should sleep tonight ... perhaps... I hope....when I get home from the Sleep-A-Thon (at my girls school).
All I know is that today was a great day, I am relieved, feeling very blessed for these gifts and experiences in our lives.
Thanks again to all that supported us to make this day happen. My friend Chris Sheetz- especially you.
http://www.cmt.ca/MyCMT/Posting.aspx?post_id=29756&mem_id=2574
http://www.cisnfm.com/Blogs/MikeMcGuire/iframe/BlogEntry.aspx?BlogEntryID=10112014







No comments:

Post a Comment