Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More Pre- Christmas

Thought I'd throw in a tidbit before my visit with "Santa" to Ronald McDonald House this week.
I am most honored to share this... my friend Carol (fellow cancer mom and driving force of Small and Mighty fundraising event) is taking me to her Naturopath on Thursday.

For years I have been counselling others (both professionally and casually) on achieving their potential towards health and balance, meanwhile I am chasing my own tail like Odie until the day arrived when Odie hit a wall.
It is always easier to help someone else see their issues while we stand outside their bubble - not so easy from the inside.
This is why I have amazing friends, kids, and co-workers observing, advising, checking in, and offering. For that I am blessed.
As I reflect, with this opportunity at home (which has got to be THE most inopportune time I must add), I have also been able to take Christmas in for the first time in many years.
Typically, Christmas, in past years, just got in the way due to it's timing - and I had not other choice than to blur past in order to stay on track for the progress of event. Christmas became very inconvenient and stressful, Tammy became a grinch.

My kids, Gord and Nicki have all helped me realize that this "Family run event" must be true to its nature, and Christmas is all about family, so we are all shutting down for the holidays (including Nicki and Brandi).
I now have time to make tourtier with my gramma (a family tradition), shortbread cookies (but for next year - not at the same time), drink really cheap sweet wine, look at Christmas lights around town, remember to plug mine in, admire trees in windows, pick mine up (moron dogs knock down when outside bunny visits), chase Bert (ugly dog) around house retrieving chewed up Kali Bear tree topper, find Bear nose, glue Bears nose on, break into "Glee" with carols until Mandy disappears into room, and watch Elf and Grinch at least 2 times.
Kali will wrap all of the the gifts cause her mother is a cotton headed ninny muggin, Kyrsti will NOT bake anymore cookies (she can stick to things shes good at), and I will eventually learn not cook meat and cookies at the same time.
I am still trying to get these medications figured out - not too successful (hence the Naturopath).
Last night left a karate Christmas party early with Catherine Hepburn impressions. I was glad that Gord had accompanied us, drove, and stayed with me until the tremors faded. I hadn't blinked in a few hours. I then learned that applying eye drops with tremors is wasteful and really quite painful.
The "stoned" part followed, thought it might be fun to text and FB.
"Creativity" sure flows when under the influence. Haha...
Good thing I am comfortable with my less than perfect side.
Be in touch...

Cheers!


1 comment:

  1. Ahh... that explains a lot... Love you, my most DRIVEN friend!! - GINA

    ReplyDelete