Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's that time of the year...

Well everyone… It’s Christmas!!! And I hope you’re all ready for it even though I’m not. At all.

At the office, people are disappearing as they take their time off, I’ve left my cardboard tree at home (due to not finding it until yesterday), and my bulletin board is getting more crowded with every Christmas card I put up. I am a bit of a Grinch – not saying that I don’t enjoy the season, just that I never feel ready for it. I dislike that I’ve run out of time, and I still have four more gifts to buy. And this on the year that I wasn’t buying gifts...

This year I will not be lamenting on how many paper cuts I’m getting due to stuffing pledge packs all season, or washing my hair with body soap, and needing to shampoo it over again – although that did happen this morning... But this year, I will be trying to relax and spend time with friends and family before I “pull a nicki” and disappear for a bit.

I want to wish you all the very merry-ist Christmas and a fabulous New Years. If you’re like me, you should all start thinking up new years resolutions that fall between “sacrifice” – like chocolate and “not too much work” – like chocolate and peanut butter (I’m allergic to peanut butter). This year I plan to not fall out of contact with friends, send more postcards and handwritten letters, and not eat AS MUCH chocolate (this does NOT include peppermint hot chocolates from Starbucks!)

I will also not give too much work to Brandi. But I don’t expect this one to last... much like that year (or two) that I wanted to go to the gym regularly. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

nicki

No comments:

Post a Comment